Foundry Engineering Services
What We Provide
- Foundry Layout and Design Services
- Facility Laser Scanning
- Equipment Fitment Within Existing Facilities or Greenfield
- Geotechnical Review
- Product Flow Analysis and Improvement
- Equipment Analysis and Specification
- Automation Selection and Application
Extensive foundry operations and foundry equipment experience.
Hands on, professional attitude.
Years of experience in foundries around the world.
No overcomplication, over design, or overselling our customers.
We are foundry people and have seen and done the things you seek to improve.
Ability to take your concepts from your thoughts, to integrated design, to actual construction.
General Foundry Review
- Del Sol takes a straight forward review approach. We call our approach to foundry review "forest for the trees". For us, we can walk into your foundry, and since we do not live there, we can see issues you have been walking past for years. Often, we can help your operation and organization by simply being able to see and analyze the forest because we are not stuck within the trees.
Facility Scanning and Modeling
- Del Sol has the ability to laser scan and provide for solid modeling of your plant and proposed equipment solutions. We are excited about this capability and the depth it brings to our engineering offering.
Below is a modeled shakeout and sand reclamation system for a proposed solution.
Below is a technician scannng the space for the system to be installed within.
Below is a digital coupling of the equipment solid model with the laser scans overlayed to assure form, fit, and function. This sure beats to old days of tape measures and hope. With this technology, Del Sol can help you design and fully fit a solution within your foundry with minimal fit risk and a solid knowledge of what obstacles you would run in to mechanically when integrating new equipment into an existing foundry.
Civil Engineering - Construction - Installation
- Del Sol now offers geotechnical evaluation (core drilling and analysis) and civil engineering for building and equipment foundations. This is an awesome addition to our design services and now allows us to go from concept to full installation - we dont have to skip the concrete work any more!!
- Del Sol offers functional airset and greensand molding design and review. Whether you need to update a few pieces of equipment, or need design a brand new foundry, we have the experience to help.
- Significant experience in operations, equipment, and system design allow us to quickly analyze and implement improvements in your foundry.
- What we are best at is coming to your foundry, gaining an insight as to what you want to accomplish with your molding department, reviewing current capabilities, and then offering real, hands on solutions. Our specialty in molding system review is taking a current system which may or may not be performing up to task, reorganizing it and adding only necessary equipment to accomplish your goals. We are very good in this arena and can offer customer references to support this position.
"You have the innate ability to analyze projects with an uncanny sense of forethought in a very short amount of time. You just don’t see that in people anymore."
-- Maintenance Superintendent, Major Midwest Steel Foundry
- We have direct experience with many molding system designs, layouts, and molding techniques - from fully automated systems to loose floor molding. Our hands-on equipment experience is second to none. We have truly hands on (dirty fingernails) experience in this realm and can help you with your needs.
- Del Sol offers a wide range of experience with equipment and process solutions for core making - cold box, airset, and shell.
- From a simple gas generator selection to a fully integrated core production system, we can help.
- We in excel properly fitting appropriate core making equipment into a jobbing environment.
Cleaning Room Operations
- From shakeout to shipping, we have the experience needed to improve individual processes to complete flow revision.
- Cutoff, blast, grinding, robotic finishing, work cell design, are all areas of strength for our consulting team.