Thermal Sand Reclamation from ENVIROAIR, INC.
Del Sol is proud to represent Enviroair, Inc. throughout our territory. These units have been in the foundry industry for decades and have only been refined and improved over time. If you are looking for long lasting, reliable, robust, fuel efficient thermal sand reclamation, this is the unit for you.
- EnviroAir Rotary Thermal Sand Reclaimers provide economic and environmental benefits by reducing the amount of new sand purchased, reducing the amount of waste sand disposed in landfills, reducing transportation costs and reducing the amount of chemical binders and additives required. The reclaimed sand also produces stronger molds and cores and provides improved casting quality.
- The EnviroAir Rotary Thermal Sand Reclaimer has much lower operating costs and quicker payback compared to other technologies that use high volumes of air that is heated and wastes fuel in order to fluidize the sand.
- The Rotary Thermal Sand Reclaimer eliminates limitations of fluidized bed systems such as the inability to process material of varying densities and tramp metal that may be contained in the sand.
The EnviroAir Thermal Sand Reclaimer includes:
- One (1) sealed metering input screw feeder
- One (1) indirectly heated rotary retort
- Upper and lower furnace shells internally insulated with ceramic fiber insulation
- Three (3) natural gas-fired burners
- Natural gas valve train
- One (1) combustion air blower
- One (1) retort exhaust hood
- One (1) rotary sand cooler
- One (1) cooler transfer hood
- One (1) cooler discharge dust hood
- One (1) air classifier
- One (1) PLC-based control system
- One (1) main control panel
- Two (2) variable frequency drives for rotary retort, and input screw conveyor
- Three (3) level sensors for detecting sand level in input screw conveyor hopper
- Initial startup of the thermal sand reclamation system
DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM
EnviroAir units require a dust collection system for removing particulate from the exhaust gases of the thermal sand reclaim system. This dust collection system is designed to handle the combined airflows of the rotary retort, rotary cooling drum, and the air classifier. This dust collection system includes:
- One (1) dust collector, 400°F construction
- One (1) timer board with differential pressure transmitter, Dwyer, mounted in enclosure
- One (1) induced draft exhaust fan
- One (1) automatic dilution air damper
- Three (3) manual balancing dampers
- One (1) dust collector blocking damper
- One (1) dust collector by-pass damper
- One (1) variable frequency drive for induced draft exhaust fan
- System interconnecting ductwork as detailed in section 2.4
- Dust collection system controls integrated with PLC furnished for Thermal Sand Reclaimer system
- Initial startup of the dust collection system