Since we began the process of bringing out Bad Fish, people have asked what it is all about? Why risk a formal corporate image? What is the point? We would like to let this page serve as a brief way to introduce you to what a Bad Fish is, what a Bad Fish is about, and why we choose to reveal our Bad Fish side.
1. Del Sol Industrial Services, Inc. was not founded as a Christian organization but has become one. To be very open and up front about this...this reason that Del Sol exists and has prospered is because of God and our willingness to serve Him as he leads. So what does that have to do with Bad Fish? An ancient symbol for Christianity is an Ichthys, a fish. You will see that we often display this symbol on our business cards, on our website, and sometimes on our cars. We went from the nice fish, to a tribal fish, to BAD FISH. Why? Read further.
2. Marketing, fresh presence, and exposure are needed to present your business. Since we began this company, we have added, changed, morphed our product lines, our business, and our corporate presence. Throughout this process, our web presence, rankings, and expert status have grown. Bad Fish is a way to catch someone's eye and invite them to take a look at who we are and what we do. It also brings some fun to the table.
3. Bad Fish are honest. While we are a sales and distribution company, the information we present and products we sell are truly items that we stand behind. We will never tell you or try to sell you something in any form of a false way. We believe in the who and what we sell. We do our very best every day to be honest and direct with our customers relative to our capabilities and the capabilities of the products we sell.
4. Bad Fish wants to have a little fun. So often in the corporate world, companies settle into boring routines, language that says absolutely nothing, and programs that are supposed to create goodwill but are generally just a waste of time. Bad Fish is a way that we can have a little fun in business, take off the corporate armor, and just say what needs to be said. Bad Fish is the heart of a matter, not jargon.
5. Bad Fish is about a very high level of customer service. We are in existence due to exactly one thing - OUR CUSTOMERS. We are grateful to the folks that gave us a shot early on. There were a bunch of people out there when we started that we would never last. There were a bunch of folks that made claims about us that did not even know what we are about. We are about taking care of our customers. We are about doing our best for you every single day.
6. Bad Fish likes to think outside the box. If you want a me too solution, you have come to the wrong place. While we believe in tradition, and we consider ourselves old school in many respects, we also believe that there are often better ways to do things than "this is the way we have always done it". Bad Fish try new things. Bad Fish are unafraid to return to a basic way of doing business. Bad Fish like the challenge of help our customers get better (not just make our business bigger). Del Sol Industrial Services, Inc. has survived and thrived by not taking the common approach. We specialize in fixing the things that others consider "normal". An example is to cut one customer's refractory usage by 60% by using the right product rather than a cheap product.
7. Bad Fish are on time and do what they say they are going to do.
8. Bad Fish think that a flat roof on any building is a really bad idea.
9. Bad Fish welcome feedback from our customers (good and bad). On that subject, if the ladies in our office take really good care of you, please let them know. Even Bad Fish need a complement every now and then.
10. Bad Fish are technical experts. We tell folks that we are not "pizza and doughnut salesmen". Bad Fish have an expertise, a talent, something to say and add to a conversation. If we are not an expert on something, we bring in that expert so that you are very well taken care of by technically sharp people and companies.
11. Bad Fish like to work.
12. Bad Fish are prepared.
13. Bad Fish enjoy a challenge.
14. Bad Fish give back to the world that has given them so much. Not only in taking care of our customers, but also our community. Where Bad Fish reside, there is a spirit of volunteerism and growth. We really do try to help people in our daily lives with money, time, and effort.
15. Bad Fish are a community. What???? We run with other Bad Fish. If you look at the folks that we work and prosper with, you will see many Bad Fish in the bunch. We believe strongly in getting great people and companies around us. We can say that since our inception, companies that we represent have come and gone depending on how they fit in with a Bad Fish lifestyle. Would you like to be a Bad Fish? Join us in making the world a Bad Fish kind of place.
16. Bad Fish are loyal to our customers and vendors.