BFM Series Mixers
First, let us acknowledge there in nothing super special or unique or novel or slick in our designs. We sought to build an extremely heavy steel fabrication, backed by an oversized mixing motor, fed by robust sand and resin feed devices, controlled by a modern yet simple control package. Why? So that your machine mixes sand every day, and if it breaks, your maintenance guys can fix it with their skill set. We have tried our best to deliver a machine that runs and doesn’t cause you grief. We left the fancy to others. We addressed the brutal environment in which you work with a machine that can handle it for the long run.
- Direct Drive Mixing Chamber
- Dual Chamber Doors for easier cleaning and blade replacement
- High Horsepower Drive reduces vibration and bogging
- Hard faced mixing blades that are tougher than any other. They can take the impact of cleaning with whatever tools your guys choose to use and will remain intact.
- Precision mixing shaft assures smooth operation.
- Butterfly sand gate with independent sand metering plate. Why? Butterfly valves are resilient and don’t stick. We use Bray valves exclusively due to their high quality, durability, and availability. We use an independent sand metering plate because butterfly valves are not meant to meter - but they are great at off / on operation. So, we meter with a separate plate.
Electrical Control System
- Allen Bradley Micrologix Controller w/ Full Control HMI
- Analog output controlled DC pump settings
- Oversized, robust NEMA components and motor starter. Old school? Yes. Flaky? No.
- Three resin levels standard
- Optional low sand interlock with reset
- Gear Motors for resin components (high torque and less susceptible to viscosity changes)
- Direct Drive Gear Pumps (so that you know they are spinning)
- Optional pumps for any resin system (Catalysts, acids, etc.)
- Integral 3 way ball valves for resin recirculation
- Integral pneumatic solenoids for air functions
Custom Pump Enclosure Shown Above
- Dual Sand, Dual Sand with Blend, or Tri Sand Gates
- Mixer Swivel
- Custom mixer mounting
- Pumping Systems for any resin system
- Powder Feeders for dry powder additives properly sized for your machine.
- Sand discharge venturi dust collection system for air quality control
- Resin heating equipment
While our goal is for your machine to not need a great deal of service, we do offer field service technicians for both new and existing machines. The components we build with are readily available and are normally off the shelf. Del Sol stocks parts for the machines we sell, but if you are in a pinch, most can be bought from major industrial supply houses.
1 year warranty on machine with the exception of wear items (blades, pumps, tubing, air devices). However, if you supply dirty power or air to the unit, you are responsible for the negative effects of that. If you tell us about air and power issues in advance, we will supply the needed items to clean up power and air for the machine at an additional charge.