Peerless Metal Steel Shot and Grit
Is Peerless Steel Shot New or Remanufactured?
100 % NEW VIRGIN PRODUCTS.
How does Peerless Metal Powders Manufacture?
Our products are not a cast product but a FORGED product. Our raw feed for Nuggets and GN Steel Grit is wrought forging steel which we cold work into appropriate sized particles. Peerless’s cold worked forged steel abrasive has a greater durability than cast steel shot.
Why are the Peerless Metal Powders Nuggets irregular in shape versus round like cast steel shot?
Peerless cold works to densify the processed steel turnings to meet 2,000 pounds net per U.S. 55 gallon steel drum. The Nuggets will continue to cold work into a round particle shape in your blast machine. The addition of our raw irregular shaped nuggets to your blast machine operating mix will increase the blasting cleaning efficiency.
Why is there a variation in the color of the Nuggets and GN Grit?
Cold working generates heat that causes the products to have different colors. All colors of material are premium quality. The operating temperature of the cold working mill controls the color of the final product. Mill temperature is determined by the volume of work being processed in the mill at any given moment.
Why does Peerless tell new users not to purge their system?
Due to the somewhat different particle shape than cast steel shot our new abrasive, until conditioned into an operating mix, requires a slightly higher angle of repose to flow than cast steel shot. Adding all new abrasive to a purged system also results in an incorrect operating mix that will cause a rough, poorly cleaned surface.
Does one have to adjust the blast machine to use Peerless Products?
Normally no adjustments are required.
Why use Peerless Metal Powders vs. competitor’s abrasives?
Peerless Steel Nuggets ™ vs. Cast Steel Shot
- Peerless Steel Nuggets are priced at a lower price than cast steel abrasives.
- The combination of lower price, excellent cleaning, and superior durability make Peerless Steel Nuggets an attractive blast media for cleaning castings, forgings, fabrications, etc.
- Nuggets are available in one Hardness Range 40-48 Rc.
- Nuggets are available in sizes SN-170 through SN-660.
Peerless Metalettes ™ vs. Cast Steel Grit
- Produced by hardening, crushing and tempering select, high quality steel turnings, our Metalettes is a clean, hyper-angular, aggressive blast media which is ideal for both centrifugal wheel blast and air-blast applications.
- Metalettes are available in all four hardness ranges SG, MG, LG & HG.
- Peerless GN Steel Grit ™ vs. Cast Steel Grit
- This steel blast media is produced by cold working carefully selected and certified premium quality steel turnings and conditioning the resulting product.
- GN Steel Grit hardness is 44 Rc, the same hardness as standard SG Hardness grit.
- GN Steel Grit is available in sizes GN-18 through GN-325.
- GN Steel Grit is ideally suited for either centrifugal wheel blast or air-blast applications.
Contact Del Sol Industrial Services today to learn more about the industry leader in Steel Shot and Grit.